In line with Curacao gambling legislation, the Company does not allow anyone under the age of 18 to play its casino or poker games or to place bets through its sports betting products. It is an offense for minors to participate in gambling activity.
Our casino products are not designed to attract children or adolescents. We actively discourage and track persons under the age of 18who attempt to play at our websites. We use sophisticated verification systems which can identify minors who log in to our software.
Nevertheless, we recognize that the internet is readily accessible in many homes around the world. As a result, gaming companies and parents must work together to protect children from underage gambling. To ensure the safety of your children, we recommend installing filtering software to block minors from accessing certain websites and programs.
Below are links to some such providers and software:
Tips for parents:
- Do not leave children unattended near your computer when the casino or poker room software or when the sports betting software is running. You must take special care to ensure that they do not access our services via your devices.
- Protect your gambling programs with password access.
- Do not allow persons under 19 to participate in any gambling activity.
- Keep your username, password and deposit method details out of the reach of children.
- Educate your children about the legality and the potential damage of underage gambling.
- Limit the length of time your children spend online.
- Take particular care regarding the use by minors of facilities such as mobile devices.
Unfortunately, no system is foolproof. If you know a person under the age of18 who is registered with us, please notify us at email@example.com.
Preventing Compulsive Gambling
The Company recognizes that while most people gamble for entertainment, as mall number of people can become obsessed with the potential monetary gains our games offer. Even though studies suggest that only a very small percentage of the adult population encounters compulsive gambling problems we take this matter exceedingly seriously and have accordingly implemented a number of measures to address this problem, including but not limited to the following:
- The Company's training program incorporates methods and techniques that assist our employees in recognizing and taking appropriate actions when they identify compulsive or underage gambling.
- We have implemented an easy way to use our self-exclusion program for those who may need our assistance. Upon your request, we will suspend or cancel your membership and will prevent you from entering our casino, and poker room and from using sports our betting products.
- We let you set your own maximum allowed deposit and loss amounts.
- Following your request, as soon as is practicable we will remove your name from our email list and take all reasonable steps to prevent any marketing material, incentives or promotions from being sent to you.
- Gambling is a form of entertainment. It is not a way to get rich quickly and pay off your debts.
- Gambling is a game of chance. There are no formulas that guarantee winnings.
- Make sure that the decision to gamble is your choice.
- Never try to chase your losses.
- Check the amounts you spend on a regular basis in the Cashier.
- Make sure you know the rules of the games you play.
Like many things, what is enjoyable in moderation can be disastrous in excess.
Advice and Help
You may seek professional help from the following organizations:
As part of our policy, we give you the possibility to control the amount of money you use to gamble on our sites. You can set your own loss limits and request to adjust them at anytime. Loss limit allows a player to set the maximum loss limit for selected period. There is always a possibility to change the loss limit, but it takes effect accordingly:
- Changing the limit to more restrictive takes effect immediately
- Changing the limit to less restrictive takes effect 48 hours after the change.
To help you set limits that are right for you, try answering this short questionnaire:
- Establish what constitutes an acceptable loss before starting to gamble.
- Note how often you play.
- Note how long you play during each gaming session.
Use your answers to determine how much you would like to allow yourself to spend per 24-hour period, per seven day period or per month. Where you set simultaneous periods, the lowest limit will apply.
If you wish to relax or eliminate a self-imposed limit which you have set,you must request the relaxation or elimination of any such limit, and the relaxation or elimination of any such limit shall only be implemented after a cooling-off period of at least 24 hours.
If you are worried about your gambling habits or you want to know more about the signs of compulsive gambling, try this self-assessment test.
Account Restrictions, Self-Exclusion & "Take a Break"
If you wish to take a break and suspend your use of your account, you can request one of the following:
- A one day "Take a Break" period
- A seven day "Take a Break" period
- A one month "Take a Break" period
- A two month "Take a Break" period
- A three month "Take a Break" period
If, at any stage, you become concerned about your gambling behavior, you can request self-exclusion for a period of six months, one year, five years or fora lifetime. Should you choose to self-exclude from the website, we shall immediately log you out of your account to the extent directed by you and you shall be unable to log in for the duration of your exclusion. Any future gaming transactions which you have made which will occur in the future will be cancelled.
Other than with respect to self-exclusion for a period of a lifetime, during a self-exclusion period, the suspended access will be enforced and irrevocable.If you wish to reactivate your account after the self-exclusion period has ended, you must request reactivation of such account and there will be a one day cooling-off period before we are able to provide you access to your account. For the avoidance of doubt, there will be no such cooling off period with respect to any "Take A Break" period.
If you have self-excluded for a period of a lifetime, you can eliminate such self-exclusion one month from the date you have self-excluded by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upon registering for self-exclusion, you shall be provided with resources and information about where to get help. We will, as soon as is practicable,take all reasonable steps to prevent any marketing material, incentives or promotions from being sent to you for the duration of the self-exclusion period.
Please note: If you accept push notifications on the open web, download any of our applications to your device from the Apple AppStore or directly from our website to your device and you accept to receive push notifications, we will not be able to block receipt of such notifications even if you choose to self-exclude or have "Taken a Break" from our website. The only way to prevent receipt of such notifications is by changing the settings on the device itself.
If you are unsure about requesting self-exclusion, ask yourself the four questions below:
· Is gaming interfering with your work or other responsibilities?
· Are you trying to make up for prior gaming losses?
· Are you recovering from an addictive disorder?
· Do you play under the influence of alcohol or other influences?
If your answer is yes to at least one of them, we recommend that you request self-exclusion and seek professional help. You can also use the following software which will prevent your computer from accessing online gambling websites:
You can view your game history via your account page or it will be made available via the game itself.
Should you have any questions or concerns related to responsible gaming,please contact us at email@example.com.